Seeking candidates interested in a customer-facing engineering work to team with us in a fast-growth tech startup which is involved with biotechnology and machine learning. We develop and manufacture sensors which mimic the human nose and are teaming with leaders in a variety of industries – including food, fragrance, automotive, and appliance – to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve quality and experience in end use applications for both consumer and industrial use cases.
The Application Engineer is responsible for supporting our customers by applying a strong technical understanding of our products and our customers’ businesses to help them validate their requirements against our product, identify any technical risks and provide mitigation strategies when needed. This role also communicates product feedback and new customer requirements to business development, product management, and marketing.
This role is initially based in the Grenoble, France with up to 40% travel to support key customers and reports to the EVP Business Development Worldwide. Role will likely have an extended assignment in the USA, under the mentorship of Senior Application Engineering Manager.
The role requires ability to work in a team environment, with individual accountability. There may be opportunity to specialize in a core strategic industry such as Automotive, Food, Appliance.
- Develop strong relationships with customers as well as Aryballe’s business development and product teams as a trusted advisor to facilitate solution improvements.
- Participate in technical discussions and reviews with the client’s R&D teams and address any product-related concerns.
- Perform client and prospect demonstrations (both virtual and in-person).
- Proactively guide customers through their product options and prescribe solutions based on their needs.
- Identify any custom technical requirements and coordinate as necessary with product team.Assist with technical documentation for clients, customers, including Aryballe website
- Share technical and customer insights and feedback with product management team to facilitate new features and updates.Translate deep technical information for a variety of audiences.
- Minimum of Engineering degree. Prefer Ph.D. or equivalent. Chemical, Mechanical or General Engineering preferred
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make effective customer presentations.
- Capable to simultaneously manage multiple accounts/opportunities across a range of industries
- Willingness to travel up to 40% and pursue a rotational assignment in other countries (e.g. USA)
- Fluency in French and English